Citizen scientists lavaging fish
The best way to learn about Kwiaht and the San Juan Islands is to come work with us! We offer volunteer opportunities on an individual basis, through our local community citizen-science teams, and as part of several ongoing monitoring programs. Technical training is an integral part of being a Kwiaht volunteer, whether it involves identifying local plants and animals, or using scientific instruments to make measurements in the field or the laboratory. Find out more about volunteer opportunities by clicking on the following options, and then Contact us!
- Enroll in our Ask Me! training (offered every 2-3 years. Read the 2015 syllabus)
- Join a Marine Health Observatory!
- Join our camas growers network!
- Become a Sentinel Gardener to monitor native pollinators!
- Monitor a bat roost in or near your home!
- Join our Amphibian Watch community and monitor a wetland near your home!